PicoSure Tattoo Removal – Post Care Instructions
- You may feel warmth or heat (similar to a bad sunburn) to the treated area for up to six hours after treatment.
- Use a cold compress or ice to the area for 15 to 20 minutes at a time with 20 minute intervals of rest in-between. This can be done for up to four to six hours following the procedure until discomfort improves. (Do not apply ice directly to skin, separate with a wash cloth or other protective barrier.)
- Gently wash the treated areas with Cetaphil soap and tap water, pat dry with clean gauze and then apply Vaseline, Aquaphor or Crisco vegetable shorting and a Telfa bandage to the treated areas, 3 times a day for 5 days or until healed.
- Do not soak treated areas (bathtub, Jacuzzi or swimming pool) until healed (3-5 days). Taking a shower, or having water run across the site is ok.
- No shaving over the area if crusting is present.
- Apply sunscreen with a SPF of 30 or more after the area is healed and use sunscreen daily until your next visit in six to eight weeks.
- No exercise for 3-5 days or until the treated area is healed.
- If you have any questions do not hesitate to call (949) 364-2440.